Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Ini Ani Coffee Shop

Woke up at 5:30am, snooze my alarm until 6am. Then finally forced myself to wake up for a IDE class group meeting. Thoughts in my mind- Toronto is way too boring at 7:00am in the morning, nothing going on outside to hang around for another 30 minutes before my group meeting. So, I walked over to Shuter & Church for a reviving coffee at Starbucks. This is when sitting at the Starbucks, i was thinking about IRN, looking at my cup of coffee reminded me of the coffee shop at NYC.

New York City

Project Description: 
350 Sq Ft. 
Less than three months in construction
Budget less than $40,000.
Wall Detail: Plastic Coffee Cup Lid
Wall Detail: Corrugated Cardboard

Interpretation:
In my opinion, this project very successful in the adaptive re-use materials, rough texture of corrugated cardboard and plastic coffee cup lids to create this dramatic contrast. Use 479 plastic lids and more than 50 variations, forms an fabricated piece of wall art and created a strong impression on the customers.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment